Present a case in which you believe you encountered a personal versus professional value conflict with a client. Be specific and include the professional values, as defined by the NASW Code of Ethics.
1. What was the nature of the conflict? What was the setting/environment?
2. At what point did you understand that this was a professional versus personal value conflict?
3. Was the core of the conflict religious, moral, or some other nature?
4. How did you feel about it? Did you address it? Did you speak to your supervisor regarding the conflict?
5. Were you satisfied with the outcome? If not, why?
6. What would you do differently?
cite the following references: