Purpose of Assignment: Course Competencies: Analyze the increased complexity of care among older adults.
It is important for nurses to reflect on experiences and new knowledge gained in order to promote professional growth.
- Compare care models for nursing practice specific to the older adult.
- Design plans for care specific to the older adult.
- Identify local, state, and national resources which facilitate safe and effective transitions of care for older adults.
- Incorporate professional values, attitudes, and expectations regarding ageism when caring for the older adult.
- Outline the importance of advocating for older adults in the management of their care.