chcmhs004 assessment 2 Develop a case plan for the client that demonstrates: (a)How you supported the person to develop and used your personal resources, (record in case notes) including: Listening to the person’s stories and experiences Working with the person to explore desires, possibilities, and goals Encouraging the person to develop and maintain relationships with family, friends, support networks and service agencies Assisting the person to develop decision-making, coping and resilience skills (b)How you collaborated between parties to establish effective communications for relationship-building (record in case notes) (c)How you set goals and developed a plan to meet the needs of the person and their family, including: Allocating resources to achieve outcomes Implementing and monitoring execution of plan Evaluating progress of person and family Making appropriate referrals for family and person.
Question Guide (Order for Complete Paper)
Case Plan Outline:
- Start by providing essential client information, such as their name, age, background, and presenting issues or concerns.
Assessment and Support (Part a):
- Listening to the person’s stories and experiences:
- Document instances where you actively listened to the client’s stories and experiences, demonstrating empathy and understanding. Include key insights gained from these conversations.
- Working with the person to explore desires, possibilities, and goals:
- Describe how you collaborated with the client to identify their desires, possibilities, and goals. Highlight any specific goals or aspirations they expressed during your interactions.
- Encouraging the person to develop and maintain relationships:
- Detail your efforts in assisting the client in building and maintaining relationships with family, friends, support networks, and service agencies. Document any progress or challenges faced in this regard.
- Assisting the person to develop decision-making, coping, and resilience skills:
- Provide examples of how you supported the client in developing essential skills for decision-making, coping with challenges, and building resilience. Include any training, guidance, or resources provided.
Collaboration and Communication (Part b):
- Collaboration between parties for effective communication:
- Describe instances where you facilitated effective communication between the client, their family, support networks, and service agencies. Note any strategies or interventions used to improve communication.
Goal Development and Execution (Part c):
- Setting goals and developing a plan:
- Outline the goals established in collaboration with the client and their family. Ensure that these goals are SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound).
- Allocating resources to achieve outcomes:
- Specify the resources allocated to help the client and their family achieve the identified goals. This may include services, financial support, or referrals to specialized agencies.
- Implementing and monitoring the execution of the plan:
- Explain how the plan was put into action, including who was responsible for each task and how progress was monitored. Mention any adjustments made along the way.
- Evaluating progress of the person and family:
- Discuss the methods used to assess the client’s and their family’s progress toward the established goals. Include any measurement tools or assessments utilized.
- Making appropriate referrals for the family and person:
- Document any referrals made to other professionals or service providers to address specific needs or issues beyond your scope of practice.
- Summarize the overall progress and outcomes achieved as a result of your case plan. Reflect on the impact of your support on the client’s well-being and goals.
Ensure that your case notes are clear, concise, and maintain confidentiality throughout the documentation process. Always follow ethical guidelines and legal requirements when handling client information.