Benchmark – Electronic Health Record Implementation Paper Benchmark
Lopes write Assessment Description
One way informatics can be especially valuable is in capturing data to inspire improvements and quality change in practice. The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) collects data related to adverse events and safety concerns. If you are working within a practice setting to implement a new electronic health record (EHR) system, this is just one of the many considerations your team would need to plan for during the rollout process. In a paper of 1,500-1,750 words, discuss the following:
1. Consider an opportunity for tracking care improvement. What key information would be needed in the database? Example: Time lapse from medication order documented in the EHR to delivery of medication to the patient for the cardiology service.
2. Describe the role informatics plays in the ability to capture this data. What type of project management strategies and methodologies can be implemented to support informatics initiatives to help improve quality within the clinical practice?
3. Discuss which systems and staff members would need to be involved in the design and implementation process. What is the role of the advanced registered nurse in promoting evidence-based practice and leading quality and performance improvement initiatives within this setting?
4. Outline strategies for implementing the new EHR proposal. Consider communication changes, transitioning to the new EHR, and managing resources (human, fiscal, and health care resources).
5. Discuss what professional, ethical, and regulatory standards must be incorporated into the design and implementation of the system.
6. Describe the measures and steps you would take to evaluate the success of the EHR implementation from a staff, setting, and patient perspective to measure effectiveness and ensure continuous quality improvement in practice?
7. Explain what leadership skills and theories would be needed to facilitate collaboration with the interprofessional team and provide evidence-based, patient-centered care?
You are required to cite five to 10 sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content. Complete the APA Writing Checklist to ensure that your paper adheres to APA style and formatting criteria and general guidelines for academic writing. Include the completed checklist as an appendix at the end of your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion. You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance. Benchmark Information This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
MBA-MSN; MSN-Nursing Education; MSN Acute Care Nurse Practitioner-Adult-Gerontology; MSN Family Nurse Practitioner; MSN-Health Informatics; MSN-Health Care Quality and Patient Safety; MSN-Leadership in Health Care Systems; MSN-Public Health Nursing
2.3: Develop leadership skills to collaborate on interprofessional teams in the provision of evidence-based, patient-centered care.
5.2: Apply professional, ethical, and regulatory standards of practice in the provision of safe, effective health care.
The healthcare system in the United States is ever changing and growing. The inventionof the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) was a major step. The EMR is an important andvaluable way of capturing patient data and being able to provide quality care for the population.This tool is a way of storing and distributing patient records from their admission into a facilityor beginning of care through their discharge or end of life. It stores all of this valuableinformation and makes it easily retrievable from almost anywhere in the United States. Thispaper will provide a brief understanding of the Electronic Medical Record system and how it isimplemented, managed, and the advantages to the healthcare organizations.Key information needed in the Database to Task Opportunities for Care Improvement.
The electronic medical record (EMR) system or electronic health record (EHR) is adatabase of private medical information. These databases story huge amount of patientinformation. This information includes details medical data such as names ages and the areas inwhich these patients come from as well as all critical medical information. The critical datastored includes immunization status, medical and surgical histories, diagnosis is and treatmentplans. This system can be accessed by various facilities and physicians throughout the UnitedStates in order to provide quality care to the population.