please these answers in a very easy easy simple and clear English
4 Perspectives of Tourism:
1. The Tourist – the tourist/visitors looks for diverse psychic and physical experiences and satisfactions from the tourism activity.
2. The businesses catering tourists goods and services – business people beholds tourism as an opening to make profit by furnishing goods and services demanded by the tourist market.
3. The government of the host community or area – the government looks on tourism as a capital and megabucks factor in the economy.
4. The host community – local residents most often consider tourism as a cultural and employment factor.
Benefits of Tourism in our economy:
1. Foreign exchange earnings – tourism expenditures, the export and import of all related goods and services to generate income to the host.
2. employment generation – creates local jobs and opportunities.
3. contributions to government investment – provides extra tax revenues each year through accommodation, restaurant taxes, airport taxes, sales taxes and employee income taxes.
Cost of Tourism:
a. Social cost – loss of traditional values ad culture through imitation of visitors behavior or cultural diffusion resulting from normal everyday interaction.
b. Environmental cost – may threaten specific natural resources such as beaches and coral reefs or historical sites.
Tourism Policy – a set of rules, regulations, guidelines, directives and development/promotion objectives and strategies that provide a framework within which the collective, as well as individual decisions directly affecting long-term tourism development and the daily activities within a destination are taken.
Tourism Planning – is goal oriented, striving to achieve certain objectives by matching available resources and programs with the needs and wants of people.
Importance of Tourism Planning:
1. Maintain sustainable tourism
2. ensure the longevity of the tourism industry in the area
3. take good care of the environment
4. have positive economic outcomes and a positive benefits to the community
Sustainable tourism important for future planning because sustainable tourism planning provides an important tool to bring toursim stakeholders together and define in their own terms how tourism can and should contribute to a desired future for their destination and community.
The 3 areas addressed by tourism policy include:
a) Environmental- Conservation of the environment serves as a a great boost to tourism, and in turn tourism generates resources to help in the management of the environment spaces.
b) Social-cultural- Tourism brings people from different walks of life to meet together, for recreational tours, educational tours and this promotes exchange of cultural practices like, language, cultural elements for instance handicrafts, Arti crafts and many more.
c) Economic- Tourism is one of the leading contributor of revenue to different states and governments globally. And the foreign revenue exchanged is used to grow economies around the world.
a) community oriented approach – it involves both the political and social settings within which tourism takes place and places power on the local community to manage the growth process.
in this approach, educational details are channeled to the entire community which makes this approach strong and sustainable.
b)Boosterism approach – It involves having a point of view that tourism growth is good and that it will generate benefits to the inhabitants and the destination visited. In this kind of approach, the local people are not considered in the organizing process which makes this approach biased and it can not support a sustainable solution to growth.
According to Butler’s Model, sustainable principles can be addressed at the Development phase in order to maintain the vitality of the destination by involving the local communities for example to act as guides for the tourists, by consulting the public and all the partners involved before making heavy advertisements of tourists spots, and allow the locals to sell their traditional hand made products to the tourist site as away to promote the local economy.