Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology (Eleventh Edition) p390-395 in the Martini | Nath | Bartholomew. P416
- What was Eric Kandel’s hypothesis, and how did he design an experiment to test it?
- Why did Kandel pick A. californica for his experiment?
- How did Kandel create a memory in the sea slug?
- What is a synapse?
- What did Kandel observe when he stimulated the sensory neuron in the A. californica neural circuit? Based on those results, what was his conclusion?
- Why was Kandel’s discovery considered pioneering?
- How might research about the anatomical basis for memory formation be used to help people with memory loss?