To prepare: Complete the Theory Comparison Matrix for all
- Use the Theory Comparison Matrix, and consider each of the listed theories. (Note: Include your notes in the cells provided. Also, should you require additional information related to a specific theory, search the Internet and/or the Library for scholarly/peer-reviewed sources to supplement your information.)
- Using the completed Theory Comparison Matrix Template, select one theory from the “Psychological Learning Theories” category and all (3) theories under “Additional Theories” and begin comparing each theory and its basic tenets in the area provided in the template.
In a 5- to 6-page analysis paper, provide explanations for the following.
- Describe one method for incorporating each of your selected theories into an educational activity per theory. Note: Be as explicit as possible and provide detailed information.
- Explain how each of your selected theories may be applied to the role of the Academic Nurse Educator and provide a rationale for each.
- Explain how each of your selected theories may be applied to the role of the Nursing Professional Development Practitioner and provide a rationale for each.
- Explain conclusions you have drawn as a result of comparing your selected theories and explaining their applications to nursing education. Be specific and provide examples.