1. The issue of who should be responsible for dealing with work stress – the individual or the organization – is an important one.
- What do you think?
- What are your arguments for and against each position?
2. Increasingly, some global workers are being sent to overseas assignments.
- What stressors might be unique to such assignments?
- What might organizations do to minimize their impact?
3. Think of a formal group to which you belong.
- Describe the group in terms of the characteristics of groups discussed in this chapter.
4. What is the relationship between norms and group cohesiveness?
- What roles do both cohesiveness and norms play in shaping group performance?